Kids Camp 2016
Kids Camp 2016!
Second Camp Offered: August 22-26
Due to high demand, we are offering a second week of the CJSF Kids radio Camp for August 22-26, 2016 with the same program. The August 8-12 camp is now full.
August 8-12, 2016 at CJSF 90.1FM at SFU
Last year’s kids’ camp was so successful we’re running it again! Kids ages 8 – 12 will have the opportunity to learn in hands on way about all aspects of radio broadcasting. At the end of the week kids will take to the airwaves broadcasting their own interviews, ideas, and music selection to the Lower Mainland.
(Some details of the schedule below may change)
>> news page
Monday August 8th
- Breaking the ice with some interactive games
- Tour our station and meet our crew of friendly programmers + volunteers
- T-Shirt and Button Making
- Basic training in the On-Air studio and workshop on storytelling
Tuesday August 9th
Out and About: Recording in the Field and Getting Wet!
- Workshop on interviewing and field recording
- Practicing interviews and Sound recording scavenger hunt
- Swimming at Kensington Pool in the afternoon
Wednesday August 10th
Note: Camp today will end at 4:30, not 4 PM
- An exciting visit to a big TV and Radio studio - CBC Vancouver!
- Getting creative with making station IDs and Kids Camp PSAs
- Outdoor games and activities
Thursday August 11th
Making Sweet Music
- Reviewing skills learned through interactive games, quizzes, and activities
- Beatboxing workshop - making music with your mouth!
- Hike up to Burnaby Mountain Park (20 minutes away from SFU at Centennial Way)
- Special treat - Ice cream
Friday August 12th
The Finale: Kids Take over the Station, Live!
- Live Broadcasting prep, rehearsal and etiquette
- Week in review for all of Vancouver to hear --- Three hours of sustainability content and music picks from the campers. Tune in live at CJSF 90.1 FM!!
- Wrap up with a pizza party
Activites are subject to change prior to August as we finalize arrangements.
Camp activites finish at 4pm most days.
Camp starts at 9am each day.
Campers can be picked up up until 5pm.
We still have spots available. Register now!
Contact Magnus at email@example.com for more info.