Arts & Entertainment Department
Do you fancy the idea of joining the A&E gang as a volunteer reviewer or interviewer?
A&E'ers are a lucky bunch: they interview their idols, broadcast their opinions, hone their writing and broadcasting skills, get published, mingle with media, meet up-and-coming stars, and become hyper-hip to the local arts scene. If this sounds like your cup of tea, please firstname.lastname@example.org to join the A&E troop. Click here for a tour of recent A&E outpourings.
Do you have an A&E event or opportunity you'd like CJSF to spread the word about?
There are a number of means through which we provide on-air and on-line coverage of events that fit our mandate of promoting artists that are underrepresented by the mainstream media. These means include on-air and on-line giveaways, on-air and on-line reviews, interviews, on-air event listings, and sponsorships. If you'd like to hear your event mentioned on CJSF's airwaves, please email a detailed press release email@example.com.
Information for A&E Dept. Members and Reviewers
Here's the new-to-A&E rundown:
The A&E mandate at CJSF is to promote those artists that are under-represented in the mainstream media and could really benefit from the promotional boost that our coverage offers. In staying true to this mandate we reserve first right of refusal on any in-house or industry requests.
There are various ticket request and review writing requirements which you should be aware of before you begin your wonderful journey with CJSF A&E. These guidelines are listed below. Please read them over carefully and make future requests accordingly. If you have not completed station orientation please do so as it is a mandatory component of joining the A&E collective. The dates and times for orientation are listed at www.cjsf.ca.
You can find an event to review or an artist to interview by flipping through the listings on the A&E board at the station or by joining the Art's Collective mailing list (the A&E listings are sent to members weekly). Another advantage to joining the mailing list is that you get first crack at free tickets and interview opportunities. I often have several double passes to movies and plays to giveaway to members of this list - no review required. I will add you to this list. Please feel free to send in requests for events not included in this list, it is by no means a one-stop-event listings-shop.
Become a part of the A&E collective. Do your station orientation, sign up for the events listings and cover local events!
Ticket and Book Request Forms Steps:
- Before emailing your ticket/book requests please fill out the form and send as an attachment to your email.
- Make sure to include the promoter of the event and the date(s) of the show you would like to attend.
- Please email your ticket/book request at least 1-2 weeks before the event you want to attend. This will guarantee that you receive your review passes or review copies in a timely fashion.
- In the case of ticket requests, you write a review. As per usual, reviews are due one week after the event at the latest. If you are attending a show as part of a festival it would be especially appreciated if you could get your reviews in quicker than that.
- Enjoy your show or review copy!
Learn more about getting involved with CJSF's Arts & Entertainment Department..